Citymeals is seeking a polished, detail-oriented Events & Partnerships Assistant to join its Events & Partnerships team. The person in this role should be enthusiastic about Citymeals’ mission and will be involved in all aspects of the organization (i.e., interacting with donors, attending meal deliveries and visiting our warehouse).
The team produces three major annual fundraising events and two to four additional smaller events/collaborations per year, in addition to several fundraising partner campaigns.
This person will be joining a team of three and supporting two Senior Associates. He/she can can expect to be part of ‘bigger picture’ discussions, brainstorming and planning, and will also need to manage basic administrative projects independently and in collaboration with the full team.
- Event production and logistics management
- Work with full team in soliciting high-profile chef support, prospective corporate, food & beverage industry donors for financial support, and pro bono donations for gift bags and auctions
- Assist in organizing lists, following up with donors and auction winners
- Assist in managing event mailings and incoming ticket requests
- Assist in managing the coordination and production of printed materials and event signage
- On-site execution including check-in, set-up and break-down
- Brainstorm ideas for new events and partner collaborations
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, including Excel and Power Point, as well as InDesign
- Minimum 1 year office experience, not including internships
- Previous experience in event planning and on-site execution
- Ability to work within a team and cross-departmentally, as well as independently
- A passion for or experience within the New York City food scene preferred
- Experience using Raiser's Edge a plus
Please email cover letter, with resume and salary requirements, to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.