100% of your donation will be used for the preparation and delivery of meals, thanks to our partnership with the New York City Department for the Aging, along with gifts from our board of directors and others designated for administrative expenses.Donate Now
Citymeals on Wheels provides a continuous lifeline of nourishing meals and vital companionship to nearly 20,000 homebound elderly New Yorkers, helping them live with dignity in their own homes and communities. Since 1981, Citymeals has delivered more than 65 million meals to our aged neighbors in need.
Citymeals is seeking a professional, detail-oriented Manager of Events & Partnerships to join its Events & Partnerships team. The Events & Partnerships team is responsible for executing several partner campaigns, three major events and two additional smaller events/collaborations annually. The person in this role will be part of a dynamic team with budgeted revenue goals in excess of $3.5M each year. This includes planning and implementation of events and facilitating partnerships with corporate, retail, and real estate partners to increase awareness and support for Citymeals; as well as with chefs, culinary, and restaurant partners.
The Manager should also be enthusiastic about the Citymeals mission and will be involved in various aspects of the organization (i.e., attending meal deliveries, visiting warehouse, interacting with donors).
Citymeals is working on a hybrid schedule, with two days a week role in our Midtown office. The Manager of Events & Partnerships will report to the Senior Director and co-supervise one Associate.
- Manage multiple fundraising campaigns throughout the year
- Ability to leverage one’s existing professional relationships for effective solicitation of new partners, corporate event sponsors and campaign participants
- Create new collaboration opportunities while shepherding longtime Citymeals partners
- Steward relationships for further engagement (i.e., attend packing activities at the Citymeals warehouse and accompany deliveries)
- Execute partnership agreements
- Communicate with high-level donors, event co-chairs, honorees, sponsors, and other VIPs on a regular basis
- Collaborate with Marketing & Communications, Major Gifts, Volunteer, and Programs departments
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5-7 years of similar experience in partnership campaign and project execution
- Ability to provide support during all phases of event execution
- Experience in contract negotiation
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to collaborate with others and work independently, as needed
- Ability to adapt to changing projects as needed
- Excellent time management skills with proven ability to set priorities and multitask
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Experience using Raiser's Edge or similar database program
- Proficient in MS Office suite
- Ability to work evenings and weekends surrounding special event dates
There are many excellent benefits to a career at Citymeals. In addition to having a positive impact on the lives of older New Yorkers, Citymeals offers:
- A stimulating, diverse and team-based work environment.
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental and life insurance; flexible spending accounts; 403(b) with employer match; as well as generous paid time off.
- Salary range for this position is $60,000 - $70,000, plus an annual bonus based on organizational and individual success.
Please submit your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with Manager of Events & Partnerships in the subject line.
Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or email. Citymeals conducts reference and background checks for finalists. Citymeals is an Equal Opportunity Employer