100% of your donation will be used for the preparation and delivery of meals, thanks to our partnership with the New York City Department for the Aging, along with gifts from our board of directors and others designated for administrative expenses.Donate Now
May 21, 2015
Since the beginning of the season, employees from businesses all across New York City have been springing into service for Citymeals. Although corporate groups volunteer throughout the year, many local companies focus on giving back in the springtime, seizing the opportunity to engage their staff in team building activities while they have a chance to enjoy the warmer weather.
Over the past few weeks, Citymeals has been planning corporate volunteer activities from small outings to company-wide days of giving. Staff members from a range of corporations have been delivering meals, creating handmade greeting cards and packing shelf-stable food boxes for their homebound elderly neighbors.
Among the groups who have delivered meals so far this spring are AOL, Bank of America and Proviti. Other corporate groups organized larger days of service tailored to their company’s philanthropic initiatives. They include:
- Bloomingdale’s and Macy’s – As part of “Bag Hunger,” a companywide campaign to help reduce hunger in local communities, nearly 150 employees delivered meals.
- Cadwalader – Dozens of employees designed cards to be delivered along with meals, while other staff members went on group meal deliveries.
- Goldman Sachs – Staff packed 200 boxes of shelf-stable meals for Memorial Day in our offices and delivered them in the surrounding neighborhood.
- Keller Williams – Nearly 200 employees delivered meals for their annual “RED Day” (Renew, Energize and Donate), an international day of service.
- Standard Chartered – Employees delivered meals and supplementary meal bags for our Mobile Food Pantry in Manhattan, Brooklyn and Queens.
- Viacom – Over a dozen staff members delivered meals during the company’s annual “Viacommunity Day.”
In just a few weeks, we will welcome fifteen employees from Deloitte who will deliver meals for their second annual “Impact Day.”
To learn more about our corporate volunteer opportunities, or to get your company involved, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.