From Chef Segev Moshe
Recipe Serves: 2 to 4
A note from chef Moshe:
My first job was as a dishwasher at a bowling alley. One day, one of the cooks didn't show up and I was told I would be replacing him. The first dish I made was a Greek Salad and I was so proud just to make something on my own. My cooking has changed a lot since then, but I still love how a few simple ingredients can be transformed into a tasty dish – just like these potatoes.
- 8 fresh potatoes, peeled
- Rosemary, to taste
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Coarse pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- Roasted hazelnuts and basil for garnish
Cream sauce ingredients:
- 2 cups crème fraîche
- 5 tablespoons fresh chives, finely chopped
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse pepper and table salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 390°F. Season the potatoes with olive oil, salt, pepper and rosemary. Wrap each potato separately in foil. Bake for at least half an hour, or until tender.
- Mix the crème fraiche, chives and olive oil together. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove potatoes from the foil. Lightly crush on a serving plate and sprinkle with brown sugar. Caramelize using a kitchen torch or under the top oven grill at maximum setting until the potatoes reach a light, golden caramel color.
Pour the cream sauce over the potatoes. Sprinkle with roasted hazelnuts, kosher salt and olive oil. Garnish with basil leaves and serve immediately.