Citymeals on Wheels is seeking a Vice President of Development to oversee the organization’s fundraising initiatives, including major gifts, foundation and corporate grants, special events, sponsorships, planned giving and other sources of contributed income. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Vice President will craft and implement overarching development strategy with a goal of raising $10+ million annually. Responsible for long-term growth. The successful candidate will be an experienced development professional with a proven track record of meeting eight-figure annual goals leveraging multiple fundraising channels.
- Lead the Major Gifts & Corporate Relations and Events & Partnerships Departments with two direct reports and additional staff of five.
- Plan a comprehensive and aggressive 3-5 year strategic plan for fundraising growth, including both existing donors/channels and new opportunities.
- Research, identify and secure five-, six-, and seven-figure major donors.
- Oversee stewardship plan for all donors focused on cultivation and upgrades.
- Set clear priorities and metrics for success; measure program growth and hold self and others accountable to these metrics.
- Provide mentoring and professional development opportunities to team members.
- Staff the Development Committee of the Board of Directors, and leverage board members to increase fundraising results and relationship building.
- Direct budget planning for Major Gifts & Corporate Relations and Events & Partnerships Departments.
- Seven to ten years fundraising and management experience in progressively responsible leadership positions.
- Verified track record of raising $7-8+ million in contributed income annually.
- Experience creating budgets and forecasting revenue.
- Strong background managing all aspects of fundraising including high net worth individuals, foundation and corporate relations, and special events.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively, delegate responsibility and inspire, engage and motivate staff.
- Committed to Citymeals on Wheels’ mission, vision and values.
- A sophisticated approach as well as the intellectual depth and maturity to train and work with executives, senior staff and board members.
- A Bachelor's degree is required. Master’s degree in nonprofit management, public administration or related field a plus.
Please email cover letter, with resume and salary requirements, to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.