November 12, 2014
On Sunday, November 2nd, 27 runners participated in the TCS New York City Marathon in support of Citymeals-on-Wheels. Team Citymeals raised over $51,000 – enough to fund the preparation and delivery of more than 8,000 nutritious meals to homebound elderly New Yorkers.
This year’s team included:
- Citymeals Board Member Mathew Glazier
- Citymeals Young Professionals Committee Members Max Puro and Lorraine Yumul as well as Citymeals young professional Sophia Nagornaya
- Citymeals volunteers Kari Abrahamson and Arielle Burlett
- Dave Beran, Executive Chef at Next
- Chad Brauze, Executive Chef at Rotisserie Georgette
- Sara Parks, photo editor at Food & Wine magazine and Theo Morrison, food photographer at Food & Wine magazine
- Will Douillet, Director of Experiential Design for Summit Series at Powder Mountain
- Other dedicated Citymeals supporters
Citymeals staff and supporters gathered near mile marker 19 – in front of Union Settlement Meals on Wheels in East Harlem – to cheer on the team. Beth Shapiro, Executive Director of Citymeals, remarked, "Since 2007, athletes from around the world have chosen to run the marathon with Citymeals to show their commitment to frail aged New Yorkers. Team Citymeals members work hard on their training while raising critical funds to help deliver meals to their isolated older neighbors. We are humbled by the accomplishments of this year’s incredible team and thank them for their outstanding support."