100% of your donation will be used for the preparation and delivery of meals, thanks to our partnership with the New York City Department for the Aging, along with gifts from our board of directors and others designated for administrative expenses.Donate Now
Citymeals on Wheels provides a continuous lifeline of nourishing meals and vital companionship to homebound elderly New Yorkers in need, helping them to live with dignity in their own familiar homes and communities.
Citymeals on Wheels is looking for a Program and Aging Initiatives Assistant. Someone who is interested in working within the aging field and may already have some experience with other vulnerable populations, to work in the Program Department along with a Senior Program Associate and a Program Manager. This position entails contract and invoice management, Excel database management, site visits, working with the Mobile Pantry program, and basic support for the program team members, in order to ensure the delivery of over 2 million meals a year through a network of community based organizations and our own distribution center in the Bronx.
Staff is currently working predominantly remotely, with access to the office as needed. Upon further reopening, the Program Assistant is to be based in our office in mid-town Manhattan. This position will be supervised by the Program Manager.
- Assist with maintenance of contact information for contracted programs and other partners.
- Assist with maintenance of monthly stat sheets for cross-department use.
- Create tracking spreadsheet and prepare materials for annual contracted programs.
- Send out contracts and track responses.
- Manage receipt and entering of monthly invoices from contracted programs and coordinate with finance team as needed.
- Schedule annual visits to some contracted programs and write a report on visits and findings for Citymeals internally/NYC’s Dept. for the Aging
- Assist in recruitment and management of partnerships with community volunteer groups that (can) deliver Mobile Food Pantry meals.
- Connect with and assist in management of partnerships with food pantries including assisting case management and meal providers with registering clients for pantry program.
- Monitor main phone lines and voicemail and return client calls and others inquiring about program service.
- Regularly check shared email boxes to respond to inquiries.
- Assorted support for contracted and partner programs and other departments within Citymeals.
- Represent Citymeals at community and health fairs once they resume in person.
- Candidate must have an Associate’s Degree or BA.
- Bi-lingual Spanish a plus.
- Must be knowledgeable about Microsoft suite of programs, especially Excel. Experience with Raiser’s Edge or other database software is a plus.
- Must be organized, communicate well orally and in writing.
- Must be willing to be outward facing representative of the organization with other agencies.
- Be ready to travel around the city for site visits with partner organizations.
- Be client focused and patient.
- May have to work some weekends and holidays; specifically Thanksgiving and Christmas.
There are many excellent benefits to a career at Citymeals. In addition to having a positive impact on the lives of tens of thousands of older New Yorkers in all five boroughs, Citymeals offers its staff a stimulating, diverse and team-based work environment with comprehensive benefits including medical, dental and life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 403(b) with company match, as well as generous paid time off. Aside from excellent benefits, we offer a competitive salary and annual bonuses based on organizational and individual success
At Citymeals, we enjoy working in a mission-oriented, can-do and value the benefits of a diverse workplace that embodies our tagline: Serving Good Daily.
If you want to make a difference in the lives of tens of thousands of Elderly New Yorkers and the communities they live in, and if the position speaks to your capabilities, experience and commitment to our mission, please submit your resume and cover letter with salary requirements with Program Assistant in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or email. Citymeals conducts reference and background checks for finalists.
Citymeals is an Equal Opportunity Employer.