Citymeals on Wheels provides a continuous lifeline of nourishing meals and vital companionship to homebound elderly New Yorkers in need, helping them to live with dignity in their own familiar homes and communities.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Marketing & Development, the Marketing & Development Associate will join a four-person team and work on all aspects of the integrated direct response fundraising program.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with the Associate Director to bring at least 16 multichannel campaigns from concept to completion each year.
- Draft and edit both print and digital materials for fundraising and cultivation campaigns, including print and e-newsletters, direct mail appeals, acknowledgement letters, meal recipient stories and annual report.
- Work with vendor to test and optimize emails, online forms, landing pages and other web content.
- Participate in strategic planning to advance the department’s and organization’s fundraising goals.
- Play a role in monthly giving, social media fundraising, event marketing and editorial strategy.
- Administrative support and other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least one year of experience in the nonprofit sector, particularly in a development or communications role.
- Strong time management skills, with focus on setting priorities and multi-tasking; ability to work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Talented writer who can adapt style for various audiences, write on deadline and understands the difference between revising and proofreading.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word and Excel); Experience with at least some of the following is preferred: Raiser’s Edge, Drupal, Photoshop, InDesign, QuarkXPress and social media.
- Outstanding communication skills and attention to detail.
- Willingness to take initiative and follow through on projects; self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
Please email cover letter, with resume and salary requirements, to email@example.com. No phone calls please.