100% of your donation will be used for the preparation and delivery of meals, thanks to our partnership with the New York City Department for the Aging, along with gifts from our board of directors and others designated for administrative expenses.Donate Now
Citymeals on Wheels provides a continuous lifeline of nourishing meals and vital companionship to nearly 22,000 homebound elderly New Yorkers, helping them live with dignity in their own homes and communities. Since 1981, Citymeals has delivered more than 67 million meals to our older neighbors in need.
Citymeals on Wheels is currently seeking a Manager, Major Gifts. The manager will manage Citymeals’ relationships with high-net worth individuals (donors with identified ability to contribute $10,000 or above annually), ensuring identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship. In addition, the qualified candidate will contribute to the efficiency of the team in its efforts to strengthen relationships, steward and solicit philanthropic support in excess of $4 million annually. This position reports directly to the Senior Director, Major Gifts.
- Cultivate, steward, and solicit an assigned portfolio of individual donors through frontline personal interactions: emails, meetings, notes, calls, etc.
- Work across external relations team on moves management and donor prospecting, cultivating a secondary discovery pool of mid-level donors to move target prospects into Major Gifts portfolio.
- Conduct donor and prospect research using subscription search tools and internet; compile materials in preparation for donor meetings and special events – creating major gift donor profiles.
- Arrange donor meetings and site visits, staffing these opportunities as appropriate.
- Work with the Senior Director, Major Gifts to develop planned giving initiatives, providing planned giving information to donors, and responding to planned giving requests.
- Create queries and exports in Raiser’s Edge, create lists for mailings and donor stewardship activities. Responsible for creation and personalization of major donor renewal letters (and occasional proposals) at designated times. Help to create periodic programmatic updates and outreach opportunities to steward individual major donors.
- Work with team to execute donor receptions and engagement opportunities, including generating invitation lists, sending mailings and emails, and maintaining RSVPs.
- Generate and personalize timely individual major gift acknowledgements. Respond to inquiries from major donors and provide broad-ranging information about Citymeals mission, programs, and impact.
- Manage and maintain accuracy of individual major donor constituent information in Raisers Edge database.
- Lead and support special projects and take on additional responsibilities as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and professional experience; minimum five years of progressive fundraising experience, preferably within a major gifts environment.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with strong organizational and collaboration skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service and relationship building skills. Comfort and experience interacting with high-net worth individuals and family foundations.
- Ability to absorb and share detailed information on Citymeals' mission, programs and impact and communicate this with donors.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Excel and all Microsoft Office applications, including detailed mail merges. Demonstrated strong experience with Raiser’s Edge or similar CRM.
- Energetic self-starter with experience coordinating and prioritizing multiple projects within a deadline-driven environment.
- Interest in Citymeals’ mission to provide home-delivered meals to older adults.
- Ability to take primary responsibility for a diverse number of projects and complete them in a timely manner with limited supervision.
There are many excellent benefits to a career at Citymeals. In addition to having a positive impact on the lives of older New Yorkers, we offer:
- A collaborative and inclusive work environment where the experiences, talents and ideas of diverse staff bring are valued.
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance; flexible spending accounts; 403(b) with employer match; as well as generous paid time off.
Salary range for this position is $60,000 - $75,000, plus an annual discretionary bonus based on organizational and individual success.
Please submit your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with Manager, Major Gifts in the subject line. Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or email. Citymeals conducts reference and background checks for finalists.
Citymeals is working on a hybrid schedule with offices located in Midtown Manhattan. Days may vary due to business needs.
Citymeals is an Equal Opportunity Employer.