100% of your donation will be used for the preparation and delivery of meals, thanks to our partnership with the New York City Department for the Aging, along with gifts from our board of directors and others designated for administrative expenses.Donate Now
Citymeals on Wheels provides a continuous lifeline of nourishing meals and vital companionship to nearly 22,000 homebound elderly New Yorkers, helping them live with dignity in their own homes and communities. Since 1981, Citymeals has delivered more than 67 million meals to our older neighbors in need.
Citymeals on Wheels is currently seeking a talented professional for the role of Manager, Direct Mail (Direct Response Marketing). Reporting to the Director of Direct Response Marketing, the Manager is responsible for the direct mail fundraising channel as part of a strong, multi-channel direct response marketing program, which contributes to nearly $8 million in annual revenue for the organization. Key duties include strategic direct mail campaign management, including appeals, renewals, and acquisition, as well as campaign analysis. Key duties include strategic direct mail fundraising, creative management, copy review and editing, campaign management and analysis.
This role is crucial to the smooth and efficient operation of an evolving, robust direct mail fundraising program. Ideal candidates will have 5 years’ experience in direct response marketing within a non-profit organization or agency, with proven expertise in direct mail fundraising.
Citymeals is working on a hybrid schedule. This position will require two days a week at our office in Midtown Manhattan. Days may vary due to business needs.
- In partnership with Director, lead overall strategy and execution of direct mail program which includes acquisition, reinstatement, engagement, and cultivation efforts.
- Working collaboratively with direct mail agency partner to develop and execute strong, compelling campaign strategies and testing plans; Analyze results to increase revenue and donor retention.
- Collaborate with internal teams on messaging and campaign themes; Manage copy/art routing and secure feedback and approvals.
- Collaborate with Database Team on quality control of data files and activation of campaigns.
- Manage expense budgets and track vendor contracts.
- Special Projects as assigned to enhance and expand direct marketing’s fundraising capacity and increase efficiencies within the department.
- Five years of professional direct mail fundraising experience in a nonprofit or direct marketing agency setting.
- Bachelor’s Degree or the equivalent combination of education and professional experience.
- Knowledge of direct mail methodologies, techniques, and trends; familiarity with digital fundraising a plus.
- Capacity to think critically, assess and synthesize data.
- Excellent written and verbal communications.
- Highly organized, with strong attention to detail; Excellent time management skills, with proven ability to set priorities and multi-task.
- Experience managing agency partners.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 suite; experience using Teams a plus.
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or similar CRM/database platform.
- Knowledge of mid-level and monthly giving programs a plus.
- Ability to collaborate with others and work independently, as needed.
- Self-starter and creative problem solver with a positive approach and good sense of humor.
Benefits and Compensation
There are many excellent benefits to a career at Citymeals. In addition to having a positive impact on the lives of older New Yorkers, Citymeals offers:
- A collaborative and inclusive work environment where the experiences, talents and ideas of diverse staff bring are valued
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance; flexible spending accounts; 403(b) with employer match; as well as generous paid time off
- Salary range for this position is $60,000 - $75,000, plus an annual discretionary bonus based on organizational and individual success
Please submit your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with Manager, Direct Mail (Direct Response Marketing) in the subject line. Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or email. Citymeals conducts reference and background checks for finalists.
Citymeals is an Equal Opportunity Employer