Citymeals on Wheels provides a continuous lifeline of nourishing meals and vital companionship to homebound elderly New Yorkers, helping them age with dignity in their own homes and communities.
Citymeals on Wheels seeks a Major Gifts Associate to support the Major Gifts Department inthe identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of major individual donors to solicit philanthropic support and strengthen relationships. The successful candidate should be a detail-oriented and motivated with strong writing, organization and Microsoft Office skills; experience with Raisers Edge or other fundraising databases preferred.
- Generate and personalize monthly renewal letters and proposals, periodic stewardship updates, and other major donor mailings through mail merge.
- Provide accurate coding for Database and Finance departments to facilitate gift processing in Raisers Edge, generate and personalize timely acknowledgements of all gifts.
- Respond quickly to inquiries from major donors and provide excellent customer service to fulfill donor requests, which may include generating invoices, filling out paperwork, sending additional acknowledgments or answering questions.
- Track gifts and renewals in calendar and status report to ensure that all deadlines are met in a timely fashion.
- Maintain accuracy of constituent information and proposal tracking in Raisers Edge database. Update addresses, contact information, relationships, salutations and other information as needed.
- Work with Events and Marketing departments to coordinate and execute donor receptions, including generating invitation lists, sending mailings and maintaining RSVP lists.
- Work with Volunteer Programs Department to submit invoices for corporate volunteer projects; track and follow up on payments to ensure that all revenue is received.
- Conduct prospect research using online and other search tools; compile materials and assist with preparation for donor meetings.
- Support special projects and take on additional responsibilities as needed.
Skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree plus two to four years of nonprofit fundraising experience.
- Excellent computer skills, particularly Excel and Microsoft Office, and demonstrated experience with mail merges. Experience with Raisers Edge or other fundraising database desired.
- Excellent customer service and relationship-building skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, organizational and collaboration skills, and attention to detail.
- Capacity to take initiative and complete projects from start to finish.
- Experience coordinating and prioritizing multiple projects within a deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to take primary responsibility for a number of projects and complete them in a timely manner with limited supervision.
To apply: Please send cover letter with salary expectations and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Please be sure to include Major Gifts Associate in the subject line.