100% of your donation will be used for the preparation and delivery of meals, thanks to our partnership with the New York City Department for the Aging, along with gifts from our board of directors and others designated for administrative expenses.Donate Now
Citymeals on Wheels provides a continuous lifeline of nourishing meals and vital companionship to nearly 20,000 homebound elderly New Yorkers, helping them live with dignity in their own homes and communities. Since 1981, Citymeals has delivered more than 65 million meals to our aged neighbors in need.
Citymeals is seeking an Executive Assistant to provide support to the Leadership team, reporting directly to the Executive Director. Key responsibilities include flawless administrative support and management of complex schedules, project management of leadership initiatives, creating Board and other presentations to key stakeholders. The qualified candidate must have a high level of professionalism and discretion with strong interpersonal skills providing a welcoming, hospitable, and engaged atmosphere in interactions with donors, board members, and staff.
Citymeals is working on a hybrid schedule. The Executive Assistant will be required to be in our Midtown Office 3 days a week.
The qualified candidate must be fully vaccinated.
- Provide the Executive Director and leadership team with administrative support and manage a complex schedule including internal and external meetings, calls, calendar management and travel arrangements.
- Provide project coordination, administrative, research, and event and meeting planning services.
- Efficiently and accurately manage correspondence on behalf of the Executive Director.
- Effectively problem-solve any urgent needs related to special projects, programming, and/or meeting preparation.
- Maintain an organized system of tracking, monitoring and prioritizing tasks and projects.
- Conduct research to ensure that the Executive Director is provided with timely, accurate information and documentation for meetings and presentations.
- Provide a systems approach to the delivery of objectives and the development and maintenance of electronic and paper filing.
- Maintain high level of knowledge of the organization’s functions and activities in order to respond to internal and external inquiries.
- Prepare presentations and other documents; take notes and distribute minutes; and coordinate catering, supplies and multi-media needs for meetings as needed.
- Be responsible for special projects and other assignments as directed by Executive Director and leadership team.
- Coordinate with Office Manager to ensure smooth running of office, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 6-8 years of professional work in a related position supporting leadership of complex, fast-paced organizations.
- Highly responsive— timely, accurate and thorough in follow-through.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work proactively, independently, and collaboratively with others, as needed, inclusive of internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong sense of urgency, outstanding time and project management skills, ability to effectively prioritize and accomplish multiple and changing priorities in a timely manner.
- Resilient who approaches challenges with a sense of humor and a positive and outcome-focused attitude.
- Results-oriented: creative and tenacious in accomplishing tasks, anticipating problems and generating solutions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and energy combined with adherence to process and attention to detail.
- An authentic commitment to the mission and values of the organization.
- Proficient in MS Office suite, Zoom, Adobe and Teams Meetings.
- Provide logistical support as needed, for meetings and events (may be outside of standard working hours)
There are many excellent benefits to a career at Citymeals. In addition to having a positive impact on the lives of older New Yorkers, Citymeals offers:
- A stimulating, diverse and team-based work environment.
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision and life insurance; flexible spending accounts; 403(b) with employer match; as well as generous paid time off.
- Salary range for this position is $65,000 - $75,000, plus an annual discretionary bonus based on organizational and individual success.
Please submit your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Executive Assistant" in the subject line.
Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or email. Citymeals conducts reference and background checks for finalists.
Citymeals is an Equal Opportunity Employer.