100% of your donation will be used for the preparation and delivery of meals, thanks to our partnership with the New York City Department for the Aging, along with gifts from our board of directors and others designated for administrative expenses.Donate Now
Citymeals on Wheels provides a continuous lifeline of nourishing meals and vital companionship to nearly 20,000 homebound elderly New Yorkers, helping them live with dignity in their own homes and communities. Since 1981, Citymeals has delivered more than 65 million meals to our aged neighbors in need.
Citymeals has been working on the frontlines of the Covid-19 crisis as an emergency responder ensuring the city’s most vulnerable population remains nourished. We have delivered more than 4 million weekend, holiday and emergency meals since the start of the pandemic. For additional information, please, visit www.citymeals.org.
Thanks to the generosity of our Board of Directors, the City of New York, sponsors and other designated gifts, 100% of all public donations are used entirely for the preparation and delivery of meals.
Citymeals is seeking an Executive Assistant whose responsibilities include to support the Executive Director as well as members of the Senior Leadership Team. Key responsibilities include flawless administrative support and management of complex schedules, project management of leadership initiatives, creating Board and other presentations to key stakeholders. The executive assistant reports to the Executive Director of Citymeals.
Staff is currently working predominantly remotely, with access to the office as needed, however, this position currently requires to be based in our office in mid-town Manhattan for three days a week.
- Provide the Executive Director and leadership staff with administrative support and manage a complex schedule including internal and external meetings, calls, travel arrangements, and additional personal needs.
- Provide project coordination, administrative, research, and event and meeting planning services.
- Efficiently and accurately manage correspondence on behalf of the Executive Director.
- Effectively problem-solve any urgent needs related to special projects, programming, and/or meeting preparation.
- Maintain an organized system of tracking, monitoring and prioritizing tasks and projects.
- Conduct research to ensure that the Executive Director is provided with timely, accurate information and documentation for meetings and presentations.
- Provide a systems approach to the delivery of objectives and the development and maintenance of electronic and paper filing.
- Maintain high level of knowledge of the organization’s functions and activities in order to respond to internal and external inquiries.
- Prepare presentations and other documents; take notes and distribute minutes; and coordinate catering, supplies and multi-media needs for meetings as needed.
- Be responsible for special projects and other assignments as directed by Executive Director.
- Act as an initial point of contact for technical support issues and as a liaison with external IT support.
- Provide a welcoming, hospitable and engaged atmosphere in interactions with tenants, board members, and staff, with excellent in-person and phone and written etiquette.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 4-6 years of professional work in a related position supporting leadership of complex, fast-paced organizations.
- Highly responsive— timely, accurate and thorough in follow-through.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work proactively, independently and collaboratively with others, as needed, including across functions and in a multi-ethnic environment.
- Strong sense of urgency, outstanding time and project management skills, ability to effectively prioritize and accomplish multiple and changing priorities in a timely manner.
- Resilient who approaches challenges with a sense of humor and a positive and outcome-focused attitude.
- Superb organizational skills.
- Results-oriented: creative and tenacious in accomplishing tasks, anticipating problems and generating solutions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and energy combined with adherence to process and attention to detail.
- An authentic commitment to the mission and values of the organization.
- Savvy in computer applications including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office Suite.
There are many excellent benefits to a career at Citymeals. In addition to having a positive impact on the lives of tens of thousands of older New Yorkers in all five boroughs, Citymeals offers its staff a stimulating, diverse and team-based work environment with comprehensive benefits including medical, dental and life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 403(b) with company match, as well as generous paid time off. Aside from excellent benefits, we offer a competitive salary and annual bonuses based on organizational and individual success
At Citymeals, we enjoy working in a mission-oriented, can-do and value the benefits of a diverse workplace that embodies our tagline: Serving Good Daily.
If you want to make a difference in the lives of tens of thousands of Elderly New Yorkers and the communities they live in, and if the position speaks to your capabilities, experience and commitment to our mission, please submit your resume and cover letter with salary requirements with Executive Assistant in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or email. Citymeals conducts reference and background checks for finalists.
Citymeals is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is seeking to diversify our team in terms of professional and cultural backgrounds and lived experience.