The Events & Partnerships Senior Associate support Citymeals' mission by working with team members to successfully execute fundraising events and partnerships with budgeted revenue goals in excess of $4 million each year. This includes the planning and implementation of events and partnerships with corporate, retail, real estate and restaurant partners to increase awareness, support and funds for Citymeals programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the planning and execution of events including identifying event dates, locations, participants and formats.
- Support the coordination, management and execution of annual signature events, including: the Sunday Supper at DANIEL, Chefs’ Tribute to Citymeals and the Annual Power Lunch for Women. Manage the annual Dineout program and as well as one to two smaller events and partner promotions/campaigns per month.
- Work with team to solicit high-profile chef support, financial support from corporate, food and beverage industry donors, and pro bono donations for gift bags and auctions.
- Solicit potential event sponsors, as needed, and maintain industry relationships.
- Communicate with high-level donors, event co-chairs, honorees, sponsors, trustees and other VIPs.
- Manage event auctions including digital bidding platform, OneCause.
- Identify and implement new fundraising opportunities.
- Act as primary liaison for the Young Professionals Committee
- Work with Citymeals’ Marketing & Communications, Major Gifts, Volunteer and Program Departments.
- Supervise work of Associate(s) and/or Assistant(s) within team.
- Utilize Raiser’s Edge on a daily basis.
- This position interacts with members of the Board of Directors, major donors, Young Professionals and Friends of Citymeals committees, Culinary Circle, vendors and venues.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree, plus six years of similar experience in event production and fundraising at nonprofit organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Raiser’s Edge and InDesign.
- Physical Demands: employee is occasionally reaching with hands and arms; climbing or balancing; the employee is frequently standing; walking; using hands and fingers to handle or feel; the employee is regularly sitting; talking or hearing.
- Hours/Week: 40 hours (minimum)
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter, describing their qualifications and interest in the position, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only applicants who best match the position needs will be contacted.