100% of your donation will be used for the preparation and delivery of meals, thanks to our partnership with the New York City Department for the Aging, along with gifts from our board of directors and others designated for administrative expenses.Donate Now
Citymeals on Wheels provides a continuous lifeline of nourishing meals and vital companionship to homebound elderly New Yorkers in need, helping them to live with dignity in their own familiar homes and communities.
Citymeals is seeking a polished, detail-oriented Events & Partnerships Associate to join its Events & Partnerships team. The person in this role will work on a dynamic team to successfully execute fundraising events and partnerships with budgeted revenue goals in excess of $4M each year. This includes the planning and implementation of events and partnerships with corporate, retail, real estate and restaurant partners to increase awareness, support and funds for Citymeals’ programs.
The Associate should also be enthusiastic about Citymeals’ mission and can expect to be involved in various aspects of the organization (i.e. attending meal deliveries, visiting warehouse, interacting with donors) The Events & Partnerships team produces 3 major annual fundraising events and 2-4 additional smaller events/collaborations per year, in addition to several fundraising partner campaigns annually. The Associate can expect to be involved in ‘bigger picture’ discussions, brainstorming and planning but also will need to manage basic administrative projects on own and along with the full team.
- Event production and logistics management
- Work with full team in soliciting high-profile chef support, sponsors, prospective corporate, food & beverage industry donors for financial support and pro bono donations for gift bags and auctions
- Manage event auctions including digital bidding platform, OneCause
- On-site execution including check-in, set-up and break-down
- Brainstorm ideas for new events and partner collaborations
- Communicate with high-level donors, event co-chairs, honorees, sponsors, trustees and other VIPs
- Collaborate with Marketing & Communications, Major Gifts and Volunteer & Programs departments
- Assist in organizing lists, following up with donors and auction winners
- Assist in managing event mailings and incoming ticket requests
- Assist in managing the coordination and production of printed materials and event signage
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 2-3 years of similar experience in event production and on-site execution
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work across multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite including Excel and Power Point; Proficiency with InDesign preferred, not required
- Ability to work within a team and cross-departmentally as well as independently
- A passion for or experience within the New York food scene preferred
- Experience using Raiser's Edge a plus
- Physical Demands - The employee is occasionally reaching with hands and arms; climbing or balancing; the employee is frequently standing; walking; using hands and fingers to handle or feel; the employee is regularly sitting; talking or hearing.
- Hours/Week: 40 hours (minimum)
To apply: Please send cover letter with salary expectations, resume and one writing sample to jobs@citymeals. Include Events and Partnerships Associate in the subject line. No phone calls, please.