100% of your donation will be used for the preparation and delivery of meals, thanks to our partnership with the New York City Department for the Aging, along with gifts from our board of directors and others designated for administrative expenses.Donate Now
Citymeals on Wheels provides a continuous lifeline of nourishing meals and vital companionship to nearly 20,000 homebound elderly New Yorkers, helping them live with dignity in their own homes and communities. Since 1981, Citymeals has delivered more than 65 million meals to our aged neighbors in need.
Citymeals has been working on the frontlines of the Covid-19 crisis as an emergency responder ensuring the city’s most vulnerable population remains nourished. We have delivered more than 4 million weekend, holiday and emergency meals since the start of the pandemic. For additional information, please, visit www.citymeals.org.
Thanks to the generosity of our Board of Directors, the City of New York, sponsors and other designated gifts, 100% of all public donations are used entirely for the preparation and delivery of meals.
Citymeals is seeking a Director of Human Resources – part-time (24 hours – flexible) whose responsibilities include HR generalist capabilities including employee relations, recruiting, policy development and interpretation, organization development to assigned to ensure legal compliance and adherence to organization’s mission, HR strategy and culture.
Staff is currently working predominantly remotely, with access to the office as needed, however this position is expected to be in the office for three days a week. The Director of Human Resources is to be based in our office in mid-town Manhattan. The Director of Human Resources will supervise one staff and reports to Executive Director of Citymeals.
- Provide overall HR guidance and support to assigned client group.
- Partner with hiring managers to scope out job requirements and prepare job requisition based on those requirements.
- Source candidates and provide feedback to hiring managers.
- Work with management to address performance issues and bring to resolution.
- Answer HR related questions from client group.
- Follow up with newly hired staff to ensure a smooth transition.
- Collaborate with client group leadership to understand the goals and strategy related to staffing, recruiting, and retention.
- Plan, lead, develop, coordinate, and implement policies, processes, training, initiatives, and surveys to support the organization’s human resource compliance and strategy needs.
- Monitor and ensure the organization’s compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommend best practices; review and modify policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; apply this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice, and resources to upper management.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- PHR or SPHR or SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP highly preferred.
- Minimum 8 years of generalist HR experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to balance the needs of the organization and employees.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including strong Excel skills.
There are many excellent benefits to a career at Citymeals. In addition to having a positive impact on the lives of tens of thousands of older New Yorkers in all five boroughs, Citymeals offers its staff a stimulating, diverse and team-based work environment with comprehensive benefits including medical, dental and life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 403(b) with company match, as well as generous paid time off. Aside from excellent benefits, we offer a competitive salary and annual bonuses based on organizational and individual success
At Citymeals, we enjoy working in a mission-oriented, can-do and value the benefits of a diverse workplace that embodies our tagline: Serving Good Daily.
If you want to make a difference in the lives of tens of thousands of Elderly New Yorkers and the communities they live in, and if the position speaks to your capabilities, experience and commitment to our mission, please submit your resume and cover letter with salary requirements with Director of Human Resources in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or email. Citymeals conducts reference and background checks for finalists.
Citymeals is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is seeking to diversify our team in terms of professional and cultural backgrounds and lived experience.