100% of your donation will be used for the preparation and delivery of meals, thanks to our partnership with the New York City Department for the Aging, along with gifts from our board of directors and others designated for administrative expenses.Donate Now
Citymeals on Wheels provides a continuous lifeline of nourishing meals and vital companionship to nearly 20,000 homebound elderly New Yorkers, helping them live with dignity in their own homes and communities. Since 1981, Citymeals has delivered more than 65 million meals to our aged neighbors in need.
Citymeals has been working on the frontlines of the Covid-19 crisis as an emergency responder ensuring the city’s most vulnerable population remains nourished. We have delivered more than 5 million weekend, holiday and emergency meals since the start of the pandemic. For additional information, please visit www.citymeals.org.
Thanks to the generosity of our Board of Directors, the City of New York, sponsors and other designated gifts, 100% of all public donations are used entirely for the preparation and delivery of meals.
Citymeals is seeking a Digital Marketing Manager to oversee the organization’s website and social media presence.
The Manager is responsible for ensuring the organization’s online profile reflects the leading role Citymeals plays in nourishing and supporting homebound elderly New Yorkers. The position will use data-driven approaches to manage, enhance and grow Citymeals’ website and social media presence, helping advance creative storytelling and content strategy.
The successful candidate will be an experienced digital writer and project manager, capable of communicating through multiple channels with diverse audiences, including donors.
Citymeals staff are working on a hybrid schedule, both at home and one day a week at our office in Midtown Manhattan. The Digital Marketing Manager is an exempt position and reports to the Director of Marketing and Communications.
- Develop content and implement strategies for web and social media consistent with Citymeals’ brand and messaging; leverage and advance efforts across the department to increase our reach and impact online.
- Serve as the gatekeeper for Citymeals’ website; maintain and update existing content (both copy and visuals), create new pages, execute all event ticketing forms and email blasts, and write blog posts and other copy.
- Perform regular web content audits to ensure all information is up to date; help make sure the organization’s web presence is aligned with best practices and industry standards.
- Lead and grow Citymeals’ social media program for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn; develop content and strategy that drive engagement and increase followers, while building and amplifying a consistent brand and voice.
- Manage day-to-day social media, develop monthly editorial schedule and write all copy.
- Develop e-newsletter and other pieces to support online fundraising and donor cultivation.
- Track, analyze and report on digital growth metrics; lead efforts in using data to guide online strategies.
- Work with outside vendor to troubleshoot website issues; project manage major upgrades and future redesigns.
- Collaborate across the organization to guide and fulfill each department’s digital needs.
- Five or more years of professional experience in a nonprofit setting.
- Three or more years of demonstrated marketing and communications experience, including social media.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Excellent written and verbal communications; experience with short-form, concise writing for external audiences.
- Highly organized, with strong attention to detail and project management experience.
- Experience working with content management systems, including Drupal.
- Strong knowledge of Google Analytics and experience using data to drive strategy.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Comfort with Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign and Photoshop; basic video editing skills a plus.
- Tech-savvy and curious about new tools and systems to accomplish goals more effectively and efficiently.
- Excellent time management skills, with proven ability to set priorities and multi-task; capacity to think critically, assess and synthesize information.
- Ability to collaborate with others and work independently, as needed.
- Self-starter and creative problem solver with a positive approach and good sense of humor.
- Occasional work on evenings and weekends required.
There are many excellent benefits to a career at Citymeals. In addition to having a positive impact on the lives of tens of thousands of older New Yorkers in all five boroughs, Citymeals offers its staff a stimulating, diverse and team-based work environment with comprehensive benefits including medical, dental and life insurance; flexible spending accounts; 403(b) with company match; as well as generous paid time off. Aside from excellent benefits, we offer a competitive salary and annual bonuses based on organizational and individual success.
At Citymeals, we enjoy working in a mission-oriented, can-do atmosphere and value the benefits of a diverse workplace that embodies our tagline: Serving Good Daily.
If you want to make a difference in the lives of tens of thousands of elderly New Yorkers and the communities they live in, and if the position speaks to your capabilities, experience and commitment to our mission, please submit your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with Digital Marketing Manager in the subject line.
Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or email. Citymeals conducts reference and background checks for finalists.
Citymeals is an Equal Opportunity Employer.