100% of your donation will be used for the preparation and delivery of meals, thanks to our partnership with the New York City Department for the Aging, along with gifts from our board of directors and others designated for administrative expenses.Donate Now
Citymeals on Wheels provides a continuous lifeline of nourishing meals and vital companionship to homebound elderly New Yorkers in need, helping them to live with dignity in their own familiar homes and communities.
Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing & Communications, the Database Director will manage the organization’s Raiser’s Edge NXT fundraising database and supervise a four-person team.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Create, administer and enforce policies and procedures for data entry, information architecture and reporting; manage all aspects of both constituent and gift records
- Run queries, generate lists, fulfill data requests, create custom reports and develop dashboards as needed
- Plan database cleanup projects and implement changes to ensure database integrity, not limited to deduping, recoding and streamlining tables; develop routine data hygiene practices
- Supervise two full-time staff and any seasonal temps responsible for gift processing
- Supervise two full-time staff responsible for day-to-day operations of our recurring gift and holiday card programs
- Work closely with leadership and staff across the organization to provide database support as well as resolve database access, security and performance issues; participate in and lead team meetings
- Provide role-based training (including gift processing, fundraising, event management and volunteers); empower all users to utilize the database to greater potential
- Evaluate and oversee integration of new tools and systems
- Maintain relationships with software vendors and outside consultants
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in Blackbaud products as well as the fundraising CRM market
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least two to three years of experience in Raiser’s Edge NXT database management at a comparably sized nonprofit organization
- Excellent time and project management skills, with focus on setting priorities and multi-tasking; ability to work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail; capacity to think critically, assess and synthesize information
- Willingness to take initiative and follow through on projects; self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Proven talent to clearly explain and succinctly communicate technical information to colleagues of varying skillsets
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Access)
- Proficiency in Crystal Reports, Tableau or another reporting tool a plus
Please email cover letter, with resume and salary requirements, to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.