100% of your donation will be used for the preparation and delivery of meals, thanks to our partnership with the New York City Department for the Aging, along with gifts from our board of directors and others designated for administrative expenses.Donate Now
Citymeals on Wheels provides a continuous lifeline of nourishing meals and vital companionship to nearly 20,000 homebound elderly New Yorkers, helping them live with dignity in their own homes and communities. Since 1981, Citymeals has delivered more than 65 million meals to our aged neighbors in need.
Citymeals has been working on the frontlines of the Covid-19 crisis as an emergency responder ensuring the city’s most vulnerable population remains nourished. We have delivered more than 4 million weekend, holiday and emergency meals since the start of the pandemic. For additional information, please, visit www.citymeals.org.
Thanks to the generosity of our Board of Directors, the City of New York, sponsors and other designated gifts, 100% of all public donations are used entirely for the preparation and delivery of meals.
Citymeals is seeking a Chief of Staff and Board Liaison, whose responsibilities include providing executive and strategic support focused on making time, information, and decision processes more effective. The Chief of Staff and Board Liaison is a thought partner of the Executive Director in supporting and executing organization-wide initiatives. This key role requires outstanding planning, time management, and organizational skills, including the ability to meet tight deadlines and juggle multiple requests. A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information, and professionalism in dealing with senior executives is imperative.
Our staff is currently working predominantly remotely, with access to the office as needed, however, at this time the Chief of Staff is based for 2 days a week in our office in mid-town Manhattan. The Chief of Staff reports to the Executive Director of Citymeals.
- Collaborate with executive team members and liaise with the Board of Directors.
- Manage the Executive Director’s schedule, arranging meetings with Board and external stakeholders and planning.
- Direct leadership and operational communications to key audiences and stakeholders, as well as writing and preparing organization-wide communications.
- Prepare and consolidate Executive Director dashboards, metrics and reports.
- Coordinate and provide project management of organization-wide strategy initiatives.
- Convey strategic recommendations and consultation to department leaders and external key stakeholders.
- Plan and coordinate meetings, draft agendas for Board, leadership and staff meetings.
- Determine key performance indicators and how to measure team performance.
- Be a thought partner to the Executive Director in support of the growth and strategic success of Citymeals.
- Organize staff-wide meetings and events.
- Recommend new procedures and systems to build greater organizational effectiveness.
- Provide briefing information for Executive Director to prepare for Board, staff, and donor meetings.
- Schedule, facilitate agenda preparation, attend designated staff and Board meetings. Prepare and distribute minutes of Board meetings.
- Seek feedback from external counterparts to continually improve organizational promise and value.
- Represent Citymeals leaders in relevant meetings, discussions, and conference calls.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 or more years of high-level executive support.
- Ability to build strong relationships and interact with all levels of the organization, including top leadership.
- Demonstrated presence and experience managing high-value relationships and highly sensitive matters involving strategy and planning.
- Experience in delivering organizational transformation.
- Expert in Microsoft applications (i.e., PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook, Teams, etc.)
- Nonprofit experience (3+ years preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to keep teams and meetings focused on achievable goals.
- Team player.
- Able to meet tight deadlines and to coordinate across departments as well as with external partners.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) in both in-person and virtual settings.
There are many excellent benefits to a career at Citymeals. In addition to having a positive impact on the lives of tens of thousands of older New Yorkers in all five boroughs, Citymeals offers its staff a stimulating, diverse and team-based work environment with comprehensive benefits including medical, dental and life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 403(b) with company match, as well as generous paid time off. Aside from excellent benefits, we offer a competitive salary and annual bonuses based on organizational and individual success
At Citymeals, we enjoy working in a mission-oriented, can-do and value the benefits of a diverse workplace that embodies our tagline: Serving Good Daily.
If you want to make a difference in the lives of tens of thousands of Elderly New Yorkers and the communities they live in, and if the position speaks to your capabilities, experience and commitment to our mission, please submit your resume and cover letter with salary requirements with Chief of Staff and Board Liaison in the subject line to email@example.com.
Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or email. Citymeals conducts reference and background checks for the finalist for this position
Citymeals is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is seeking to diversify our team in terms of professional and cultural backgrounds and lived experience.