Citymeals on Wheels is seeking a Benefits Coordinator & Officer Manager to support the work of the organization by ensuring smooth day-to-day operations for staff and visitors at our midtown office. This role will work proactively with leadership to plan for all staff events, meetings, and new hires while setting a tone of professionalism and efficiency for the team. Working with the CFO, the Office Manager will take the lead in rolling out a new time and attendance platform for staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as first point-of-contact for staff and visitors; update lobby security and reception with expected arrivals.
- Order and maintain office supplies, including stationery and kitchen supplies.
- Manage scheduling requests for conference rooms.
- Facilitate IT requests for staff, including new hires and departing employees. Request equipment repair and replacement, as necessary. Maintain the telephone system.
- Manage daily incoming and outgoing mail distribution.
- Answer phones.
- Facilitate benefits enrollment for staff and new hires, including managing annual plan renewals and open enrollment periods.
- Manage staff time and attendance tracking, vacation requests and PTO balances.
- Onboard new staff, including planning desk assignments, managing IT set up, handling paperwork (payroll, benefits, staff info), and maintaining up-to-date orientation materials.
- Post job openings and support hiring processes.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local harassment prevention policies.
- Maintain the organization’s personnel, audit and vendor contract files.
- Support administrative needs of CFO and Finance Department, as necessary.
- 2-3 years' experience in administrative and/or office management work.
- 1-2 years' experience with standard human resources processes, including working knowledge of benefits administration, time and attendance tracking, and best practices for onboarding.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Discretion: ability to use good judgment and sensitivity in handling personnel paperwork related to payroll and benefits.
- Self-motivation: ability to maintain office functions in a dependable, self-sufficient manner.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter, describing their qualifications and interest in the position, to email@example.com. Only applicants who best match the position needs will be contacted.