100% of your donation will be used for the preparation and delivery of meals, thanks to our partnership with the New York City Department for the Aging, along with gifts from our board of directors and others designated for administrative expenses.Donate Now
Citymeals on Wheels provides a continuous lifeline of nourishing meals and vital companionship to nearly 20,000 homebound elderly New Yorkers, helping them live with dignity in their own homes and communities. Since 1981, Citymeals has delivered more than 65 million meals to our aged neighbors in need.
Citymeals is seeking an Associate to join our Volunteer Programs Department and oversee a new program to help combat social isolation among our homebound elderly meal recipients. The qualified candidate should be committed to Citymeals’ mission and possess a can-do attitude.
Citymeals is working on a hybrid schedule, with two days a week in our Midtown office. This role will require occasional evening and weekends. The Associate will report to the Senior Director, Volunteer Programs & Corporate Engagement.
The qualified candidate must be fully vaccinated.
- Develop and conduct volunteer recruitment and screening, training, and orientations, for a new social connectivity program.
- Develop a system to track metrics that accurately measure the program’s progress and develop strategies for improvement, as needed.
- Maintain accurate records and provide timely data and activity reports for the social connectivity program.
- Support the growth of existing relationships with meal centers and case management agencies to insure proper volunteer and recipient matches.
- Represent Citymeals at workshops, volunteer fairs and events, to promote volunteer programs.
- Assist with organization-wide initiatives such as events, holidays, volunteer, and partner recognition programs.
- Support the Volunteer Programs Department with administrative tasks, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or 2 to 4 years of volunteer recruitment, management, or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to details and the ability to manage a variety of competing priorities.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills with advanced skills in Excel.
- Familiar with Volunteer Hub and Raiser’s Edge a plus.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work proactively, independently, and collaboratively as part of a small team.
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Ability to join volunteers in packing and delivering meals, as needed.
There are many excellent benefits to a career at Citymeals. In addition to having a positive impact on the lives of older New Yorkers, Citymeals offers:
- A stimulating, diverse and team-based work environment.
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision and life insurance; flexible spending accounts; 403(b) with employer match; as well as generous paid time off.
- Salary range for this position is $50,000 - $55,000, plus an annual discretionary bonus based on organizational and individual success.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with Associate, Volunteer Programs in the subject line.
Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or email. Citymeals conducts reference and background checks for finalists. Citymeals is an Equal Opportunity Employer.