We are able to promise that 100% of your donation will be used for the preparation and delivery of meals, thanks to our partnership with the City of New York, Citymeals board members and certain designated grants for administrative expenses.Support Citymeals
Citymeals on Wheels provides a continuous lifeline of nourishing meals and vital companionship to nearly 20,000 homebound elderly New Yorkers, helping them live with dignity in their own homes and communities. Since 1981, Citymeals has delivered more than 67 million meals to our older neighbors in need.
Citymeals on Wheels is currently seeking a talented professional for the role of Associate, Direct Response Marketing. Reporting to the Director of Direct Response Marketing, the Associate is responsible for assisting in the execution of a robust, multi-channel direct response marketing program, which contributes to over $8 million in annual revenue for the organization. Key duties include creative management, copy review and editing, campaign coordination, and project management.
Citymeals is working on a hybrid schedule. This position will require two days a week at our office in Midtown Manhattan. Days may vary due to business needs.
All new employees must be fully vaccinated.
- Working collaboratively with director, managers and agency partners to plan and manage direct response marketing projects and campaigns from start to completion
- Collaborate with internal departments to collect and organize copy and creative assets for campaigns
- Handle donor inquiries and correspondence and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Review digital and mail assets for accuracy
- Create and track online donation forms
- Manage and maintain direct response donor journeys and acknowledgements
- Assist Director with invoice processing and department budget
- Special Projects as assigned to enhance and expand direct marketing’s fundraising capacity and increase efficiencies within the department
- Minimum two years of professional direct response marketing experience in a nonprofit or agency setting
- Bachelor’s Degree or the equivalent combination of education and professional experience
- Knowledge of direct response marketing methodologies, techniques and trends
- Capacity to think critically, assess and synthesize data
- Knowledge of Google Analytics a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Highly organized, with strong attention to detail; excellent time management skills, with proven ability to set priorities and multi-task
- Familiar with managing agency partners a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 suite; knowledge of Teams and Basecamp a plus
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or similar CRM/database platform
- Ability to collaborate with others and work independently, as needed
- Self-starter and creative problem solver with a positive approach and good sense of humor
Compensation and Benefits
There are many excellent benefits to a career at Citymeals. In addition to having a positive impact on the lives of older New Yorkers, Citymeals offers:
- A stimulating, diverse and team-based work environment
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance; flexible spending accounts; 403(b) with employer match; as well as generous paid time off
- Salary range for this position is $50,000 - $60,000, plus an annual discretionary bonus based on organizational and individual success
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with Associate, Direct Response Marketing in the subject line. Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or email. Citymeals conducts reference and background checks for finalists. Citymeals is an Equal Opportunity Employer.