thanks to all our volunteers for making this past year a very successful one!
Special thanks to:
- Our weekend meal delivery volunteers who deliver meals on Saturdays in fair and foul weather
- Our Friendly Visiting volunteers who visit our homebound elderly in their homes
- Our Senior Chat and Senior Script volunteers who provide our frail meal recipients with company through conversations, letters and cards
- Over 600 volunteers who helped prepare, serve, pack and deliver meals for the first time; your help made this year very special
- To all our corporate and community groups: ABC Disney, Avon/Breast Cancer Walk, Bank of America, Bank of New York Mellon, BR Guest, Bobbi Brown Cosmetics, Bloomberg, L.P., Building with Books, Columbia University, Dell, FDNY Explorers 6003, 6005 & 6008, Goldman Sachs, Girl Scouts of America, Kiwanis Club, KIPP Star College Prep, Miami University, New York Cares, New York University, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Princeton Alumni, St. Ignatius Loyola’s Church, Standard Charter, Street Project, to name a few.
- The thousands of students who throughout the year created more than 40,000 holiday and birthday cards for our homebound elderly.
- Dallas BBQ who hosted over 100 seniors for our Thanksgiving Festivities
- B.R. Guest’s Dos Caminos for preparing over 300 meals which were delivered to our homebound elderly.
- BLT Steak for preparing a special home-delivered meal for 200 elderly each month
- Patti Kenner, President, Campus Coach Bus
- Our 15 senior centers who warmly welcomed our volunteers to help with the holidays
Our homebound elderly who opened their homes and hearts to the volunteers and who are so grateful for the services we provided.
Each year, Citymeals hosts a party to recognize and thank the dedicated volunteers who generously donate their time to serve New York's frail aged.
Let us continue to help make our seniors lives more warm and special. If you are interested in learning more about year-round volunteer opportunities, contact Vivienne Brown-O’Neill at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212-687-1234.