Subscribe to Recipe of the Month
Join Citymeals' Recipe of the Month email list to receive monthly recipes from chefs from around New York City! Sign up to receive Recipe of the Month emails now!
Visit the Recipe of the Month Archives
this month's recipe:
Recipe Author: Scott Cioe, Executive Pastry Chef, The Back Room at Park Hyatt New York
Photo Credit: Park Hyatt New York
- 1 ½ cups (150g) all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup plus 1 Tbsp. (75g) cake flour
- ⅔ cup (150g) butter, softened
- ½ cup plus 1 Tbsp. (75g) confectioner’s sugar
- ¼ tsp. (2g) salt
- 2 Tbsp. (30g) freeze-dried pumpkin powder
1. In a mixer with a paddle attachment, cream butter, confectioner's sugar and salt on medium speed until combined. Add remaining ingredients and mix on low speed just until it becomes a dough
2. Place dough in between two pieces of parchment paper. Roll out dough evenly to about ¼" thickness.
3. Cut out desired cookie shapes and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4. Remove from refrigerator and bake at 325°F for 12-14 minutes until light color is achieved.
5. Let cool at room temperature and enjoy.