Citymeals-on-Wheels seeks career professionals committed to making a difference. We offer exciting opportunities in program management and development, direct mail, development, special events and other areas. We recognize and value diversity in the workplace. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and promote talented staff in an environment where all employees contribute to their fullest potential.
We are currently seeking a Development Associate in our Major Gifts Department.
Citymeals-on-Wheels was founded in 1981 to raise private funds to supplement New York City's weekday home delivered meals program. Citymeals funds community based organizations to bring meals to homebound elderly New Yorkers on weekends, holidays, and in times of emergency – when they would otherwise be hungry and alone.
Last year, Citymeals supported the preparation and delivery of nearly 2 million meals to 17,000 homebound elderly New Yorkers. One hundred percent of contributions from the general public are used exclusively for the preparation and delivery of meals. Administrative costs are covered by designated grants from Citymeals board members, corporations, foundations, and government sources.
Citymeals is looking for full-time Development Associate, to assist the Director of Major Gifts in increasing our annual budget (currently at $18 million) by expanding and maintaining its major donor giving program. The Development Associate will be an integral member of the Development team, participating in the department’s overall strategizing and stewardship.
To fill this position, Citymeals is seeking a fundraising generalist with a track record in major gift and foundation fundraising. Grant writing, research, and fluency with Raiser's Edge is integral to the role. There is some administrative work, please be organized and enthusiastic.
Fundraising Strategy and Implementation: Build Citymeals' database and pipeline of prospects by crafting and implementing annually a comprehensive development strategy to raise funds from foundations, other institutional donors, and individuals. Report regularly to organization leadership on fundraising progress against stated goals. Create a compelling donor recognition program, offering meaningful recognition for donors of all types and all amounts. Should be comfortable with setting quarterly as well as annual fundraising goals and have systems in place to benchmark and track activities and progress. Manage development infrastructure and systems, track donors and keep calendar of grants due each month.
Major Gifts: Targeted research and developing the strategies to increase relationship-building paradigms required to attract major donors ($5,000+ gifts) and high level individual donors ($25,000+ gifts). Support and coordinate with the Director to cultivate and solicit all major donors. Create appropriate written communications geared to engaging the interest of individual donors. Proactively cultivate ongoing donor relationships through personal contact, other ongoing forms of information sharing, and timely thank-you notes. Candidate must excel in donor cultivation, relationship management and stewardship.
- Foundation and Other Institutional Gifts: Direct and analyze research to identify new sources of institutional giving. Draft proposals and reports; ensure all proposal and reporting deadlines are met. Ensure regular communication with institutional donors and develop responses to their inquiries. Work closely with the Director to nurture and develop new relationships with program officers and other foundation personnel.
- Commitment to our mission
- Bachelor’s degree
- Grant writing experience and excellent written skills
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in nonprofit fundraising environment
- Proven track record cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding various donor constituencies
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to take direction and work under pressure of deadlines
- Ease relating to influential, well-known individuals and high-dollar donors
- Ability to maintain high standards of ethics, integrity, and professionalism, and to handle sensitive and proprietary financial information
- High energy, goal-directed, task-driven relationship-builder
- Flexible multi-tasker
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, including attention to detail
- Computer proficiency in Windows Operating systems, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word), knowledge of and demonstrable proficiency with Raiser’s Edge
TERMS AND COMPENSATION
This is a full-time paid position. Competitive salary and benefits; salary commensurate with experience. Please forward resume with cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com. No phone calls please.